Earlier this year, I read the short story/novella The Wendigo by Algernon Blackwood and today I'll post my review.
Description from Goodreads
Algernon Blackwood's "The Wendigo" tells the story of a camping trip in the Canadian wilderness that goes horribly wrong when the hunters become the hunted. Drawing on the mythical creature known as the Wendigo, this story is regarded by many critics to be one of the best horror tales of all time.
My Thoughts on the Book
While The Wendigo has some great prose and atmosphere, I honestly struggled a bit with it due to the racism and me not finding the story scary at all. Perhaps I'm a bit too immune to horror and paranormal so it would take a lot to make me scared, but with this one, I hardly got creeped out really.
The Wendigo wasn't for me, but I'm sure there's others out there who would enjoy the story more than what I did.

Kommentarer
Legg inn en kommentar