As the Mid-Year Freak Out Book Tag has been circulating for a bit in the recent weeks, I decided to join in on the fun of it, in part to take stock of my reading so far this year.
1. The best book you’ve read this year?
1. The best book you’ve read this year?
Japanese Gothic by Kylie Lee Baker is the best book I've read so far this year.
2. The best sequel you’ve read in 2026?
I haven't read any horror/paranormal sequels yet this year, so I can't answer that one.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
2. The best sequel you’ve read in 2026?
I haven't read any horror/paranormal sequels yet this year, so I can't answer that one.
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to.
I'd really love to read Molka by Monika Kim if/when I get the chance.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
There's so many upcoming releases I want to read, one of them being We Were Never Here by Sophia Hannan.
5. Biggest disappointment?
5. Biggest disappointment?
For me, the biggest disappointment so far has to be The Cannibals of Candyland by Carlton Mellick III.
6. Biggest Surprise?
6. Biggest Surprise?
The biggest surprise in a good way was Ring Shout by P. Djèlí Clark.
7. Favourite new to you or debut author?
7. Favourite new to you or debut author?
A favourite new-to-me author was Nuzo Onoh with Where the Dead Brides Gather.
8. Newest fictional crush?
8. Newest fictional crush?
None so far this year, as I rarely get fictional crushes.
9. Newest favourite character?
9. Newest favourite character?
I'm honestly not quite sure about that one.
10. Book that made you cry?
10. Book that made you cry?
I can't say any of the horror/paranormal books have made me cry this year.
11. Book that made you happy?
11. Book that made you happy?
As it was overall a well-written book, I was happy I've read Cunning Folk by Adam Nevill.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation?
12. Favourite book to film adaptation?
I haven't seen any book to film adaptions yet this year, so I can't answer that one.
13. Favourite post you have done this year?
13. Favourite post you have done this year?
So far, my favourite post has to be this book recommendation post on the haunted house trope.
14. Most beautiful book you have bought this year?
14. Most beautiful book you have bought this year?
Well, as this is horror, it's hard describing it as beautiful, but I got my hands on a great special edition of Psycho by Robert Bloch.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
There's so many I need to read for various reading challenges I'm participating in. A few of them includes Experimental Film by Gemma Files, Dark Matter by Michelle Paver, and Salem's Lot by Stephen King.

Kommentarer
Legg inn en kommentar