August Hopefuls


Is it August already? Well, as it's a new month, it also means it's time for another monthly blog post about the books I hope to read this month from my TBR. It's late summer at the moment, but it doesn't mean I can't read a couple of books with some summer vibes to them.

Here's my hopefuls this month.

Pedo Island Bloodbath by Duncan Ralston
I had originally planned to read this one in July, but I didn't get to it, so fingers crossed I'll manage to read it this month instead.

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis
I saw American Psycho was on a few prompts on the seasonal challenge at Goodreads, so I figured out that I could probably use that as an excuse to pick it up.

Lovecraft Country by Matt Ruff
I'm participating in a horror reading challenge where Lovecraft Country fits one of the prompts, so I hope to read it before the end of the year.

A Botanical Daughter by Noah Medlock
A Botanical Daughter is another book I need to read for a horror reading challenge, so it would be nice getting it out of the way of sorts.

The Daughter of Doctor Moreau by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
It's one of those hyped books I wonder if I'll enjoy or not, but as I've read another one of Silvia Moreno-Garcia's books and enjoyed it, I could give it a try.

House of Blood and Rain by Gabino Iglesias
I had House of Blood and Rain on my TBR last month too, but didn't get to it, so fingers crossed I'll hopefully manage to read it this month instead.

Comments